[XeTeX] updated ICU library in XeTeX - please test

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 15 15:34:49 CEST 2008

Le 15 juil. 08 à 10:45, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> These warnings can be suppressed by using the option -qq (rather than
> just -q) to xdvipdfmx. Maybe this should be the default that xetex
> uses?

Personally I would say yes. It is a little annoying to have to scroll
very many warnings before one can see messages concerning formatting
issues.

Maybe you remember an old discussion about Polyglossia and French
punctuation, and this remark of yours:

>> <...> I just noticed a similar issue when a double punctuation
>> follows
>> \emph{} or \textbf{} (I couldn’t say whether it happens whenever a
>> curly brace precedes), as is shown in the attached examples.
>>

> Hmmm, in this case I am puzzled. Jonathan, is this a bug with
> \XeTeXinterchartoks, or is there a workaround for such situations ?

\XeTeXinterchartoks does not currently apply across font changes, or
anything else that interrupts a run of text. Hmmmmm. Maybe that
should change...

Could XeteX's behaviour be changed in this respect, if it has no
undesirable side effect?

Best wishes,

Yves