[XeTeX] [SPAM] Tracking and macrons

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 5 10:46:35 CEST 2008

Hello

I don't use \fontspec, but the following might be of interest.

You could try the SOUL package (for Spacing Out and UnderLining).

And in XeTeX itself you can add letterspacing to the font call so that you
could have a separate letter-spaced version of the font.  It is just one of
the usual options introduced by a colon, e.g.:

\font \umirten = "Minion Pro Regular":+onum:mapping=tex-text:letterspace=10
at 10pt

to give old-style numerals, traditional TeX mapping, and letterspacing of 10
per cent.  (You would then need to code for the letterspacing int the file
by surrounding the word(s) in a new font, e.g. {\spacedrom this text is
letterspaced} - but you need to use similar coding anyway however you
achieve the effect.)

John