[XeTeX] LaTeX font in Pages or Word

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 00:00:23 CEST 2008

Le 1 juil. 08 à 23:35, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Open the Font Book app, create a new library (File > New Library…)
> then add the fonts (File > Add Fonts…) from the folder /Library/TeX/
> Root/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm.
>
> Afterwards all GUI applications should be able to see and use the
> fonts (Latin Modern, an OpenType version -- to simplify a lot -- of
> the EC fonts, a superset of Computer Modern). Closing and restarting
> session may be necessary, I'm not sure.

Something I forgot: the advantage of this procedure is that you don't
need to have two copies of the Latin Modern fonts, one (in /usr/local/
texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/) visible to TeX and the other
(in /Library/Fonts) visible to GUI applications. By using Font Book,
you make the fonts in the texmf trees directly visible to GUI
applications.

I tried using symlinks instead (creating a symlink to /usr/local/
texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm inside /Library/
Fonts), but that didn't work.

Bruno Voisin