[XeTeX] polyglossia on svn repo

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Jan 31 17:39:03 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

The polyglossia package has recently been uploaded on the xetex svn
server. See

    http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/

The files are located under
    tex/xelatex/polyglossia/*
    fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/{arabic,farsi}digits.*
    doc/xelatex/polyglossia/*

For your convenience there is also a snapshot available at the URL I
provided a few weeks ago:
    http://ankabut.net/xetex/polyglossia.zip
but I cannot guarantee that it will always contain the latest code. (I
should write a script to automate that though…)

Currently there are LDFs (language definition files) for all languages
supported by Babel and Antomega, and also for Arabic, Farsi, Syriac, and
Sanskrit (I may forget some). Thai is forthcoming (based on the new
thai-latex for Babel). Note that some of these LDFs are still very basic
or even buggy, while others provide more advanced features. As he
himself mentioned in a previous thread, Apostolos is going to take care
of improving gloss-greek.ldf.

Note that the current version of polyglossia.sty requires Philipp
Lehman's etoolbox.sty which is available on CTAN. For portability
reasons this requirement might be removed in a future version. I am not
sure yet...

As always, contributions, corrections and suggestions from users are
most welcome! (NB: You can use the file gloss-template.ldf to write your
own). Many major languages (and countless others) are still missing ;)
It would be nice for example to have at least some of the features of
the zhspacing bundle implemented in a still-to-be-written
gloss-chinese.ldf …

I intend to write basic documentation as soon as time permits (whatever
that means).

Best,
François