[XeTeX] [OT?] "Optimized" PDFs?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 16 17:31:23 CET 2008

Yes, you're right and my apologies.  It was actually the last of a four-page
file (of font tests and the like), which was reported as non-optimized by
pdfinfo.  I singled out that one page in Acrobat 7 and saved it as a
separate file, not realizing that this itself optimized the new one-page
file.  It's intriguing that Acrobat could create the file and optimize it
but still fail to complete the triangle, whereas when I call up this
Acrobat-created file in Sumatra the triangle is complete.  So somewhere in
there is the full information required to complete the figure, whereas
Sumatra alone knows this - and as I can't manipulate the file in Sumatra I'm
stuck.  Looking at the defective triangle in high magnification it almost
seems as if there is some white object sitting on top of its lower left-hand
corner (the lines seem to tail off diagonally), but it's not an object
created by me, and Sumatra doesn't know about it!  Frustrating.

Best

John