[XeTeX] Building xdvipdfmx on the Mac (was Re: Incompatibility between footmisc and xltxtra)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:12:56 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>  Since we're talking about builds today, just a correction to the
>  above, regarding Mac builds: last week I tried again to build
>  xdvipdfmx. It didn't work.

A trick that worked for me (thanks to Arthur) was the following
(beware of line breaks):

$ export XETEX=location-of-xetex-TRUNK
$ CFLAGS="-I$XETEX/texk -I$XETEX/Work/texk
-I$XETEX/libs/freetype2/include -I$XETEX/libs/freetype2" \
   LDFLAGS="-L$XETEX/Work/texk/kpathsea/.libs
-L$XETEX/Work/libs/freetype2" ./configure

Mojca