[XeTeX] fontspec: mapping=tex-text for the lmodern fonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:53:10 CET 2008

Hi,

fontspec doesn't support both the idea of separate italic and slanted
shapes because I think it's stupid :) Just because a font family might
have them doesn't mean you'd want to use them at the same time.

On 22/02/2008, at 1:08 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Do you have an idea how one could declare the sl font shape while
> retaining the ability to switch automatically between the optical
> size?

This should work fine:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[landscape]{geometry}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\setmainfont[ItalicFont=Latin Modern Roman Slanted]{Latin Modern Roman}
\def\test{test \fontname\font\par\emph{test \fontname\font}\par\bigskip}
\test\tiny\test\Huge\test
\end{document}

Hope this helps,
Will