[XeTeX] fontspec: mapping=tex-text for the lmodern fonts

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu Feb 21 15:38:47 CET 2008

Am Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:07:01 +0100 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>>  Does the remark about the optical sizes means that one could throw away
>>  all the eu1-part
>
> No. You cannot get both \sl and \it working at the same time and the
> font needs to be installed.
>
>> and simply use something
>>  \setmainfont{LMRoman10-Regular} ?
>
> Yes, but
> \setmainfont{Latin Modern}

Do you have an idea how one could declare the sl font shape while
retaining the ability to switch automatically between the optical size?
It works when I use the font name with the size, but everytimes I tried
to avoid the size info, I got problems with \Huge.

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
\DeclareFontShape {U}{LatinModernRoman(0)}{m}{sl}
{<->"LMRomanSlant10-Regular"}{}

%\DeclareFontShape {U}{LatinModernRoman(0)}{m}{sl} {<->"Latin Modern
%Roman/ICU:"}{}

\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
 abc abc  abc