[XeTeX] Hebrew with Xetex

Erwin Ochsenmeier eochsenmeier at reflexions.be
Tue Feb 19 12:50:17 CET 2008

Here is a sample file with the code used and the problems highlighted
as well as a second page added to the pdf file produced with Mellel
2.2.7.2.

I tried getting the unicode Hebrew text from another source but the
problem is the same.
I displayed the text with Skim and Acrobat Reader 8.1.2, same
problem. I printed the text just in case, the printed text has the
same problem.

Just for the sake of it  I tried \TeXXeTstate=0 but it makes no
difference, neither does commenting the line out.

As a reminder commenting bibdi out and not using memoir makes no
difference either.

I should say I work in Tiger 10.4.11 and tried the file both with
TexShop and Textmate with the same results. I have not tried on
Windows yet.

E. Ochsenmeier