[XeTeX] fontspec + ExternalLocation

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:41:50 CET 2008

On 13/02/2008, at 10:23 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> I can get the main font by declaring
>
> \setmainfont[ExternalLocation=/Users/tas/texmf/fonts/opentype/tas/
> agaramond/]{AGaramondPro-Regular.otf}
>
> But how do I add entries for the Italic, Bold, etc. variants?
>
> p. 6: "\fontspec[BoldFont={Helvetica Neue}]{Helvetica Neue
> UltraLight}"
>
> Where would I add the "ExternalLocation" here?

Hi Thomas,

It *should* be possible to write

\setmainfont[
   ExternalLocation=/Users/tas/texmf/fonts/opentype/tas/agaramond/,
   BoldFont=AGaramondPro-Bold.otf,
   ItalicFont=AGaramdonPro-Italic.otf,
   BoldItalicFont=AGaramdonPro-BoldItalic.otf
]{AGaramondPro-Regular.otf}

But let me know if it doesn't work :)

One other thing -- if those fonts are found by kpsewhich, then you
don't need to specify the external location. I.e., it should still
work by writing
   \setmainfont[ExternalLocation,BoldFont=...]{..}

Hope this helps,
Will