[XeTeX] Inaccessible glyphs

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:58:04 CET 2008

Hello,

I've discovered two great fonts on my computer 'High Tower Text' and its
italic by Tobias Frere-Jones (htowert.ttf, htowerti.ttf, available with
Microsoft Office I believe). It contains small caps a set of f ligatures and
lining figures (old style figures are normal by design) and a few other nice
things, however they don't have some mapping (say in Private Use Area or
else) and they're not available through OpenType. Hence it seems that these
glyphs can't be accessed (easily). The same also applies to 'Californian
FB'. These glyphs can be used in InDesign. Can they be used in Xe(La)TeX?

Andrew