[XeTeX] Polyglossia and Spanish

Javier Bezos lists at texytipografia.com
Fri Feb 8 10:47:48 CET 2008

> Thanks for your explanations. I understand it is easier for a user to
> load "indentfirst" once than for another user who does not want
> indented first paragraphs to type \noindent every time.

This is one of the issues a multiligual package must address.
It should provide a set of default settings following costomary
rules in a given language, but _both_ publishing houses and
users should be able to override the settings (or even to
set if they can be modified). In part, these were the aims
of the now paused Mem, and the current Spanish for babel
is heavily based on these ideas, although in a very limited
fashion due to the way babel works. Fine grained settings is
one of the most important things in a multilingual package.

BTW, with Spanish for babel you can use the package option
es-noindentfirst - that leaves the LaTeX internal macros
for it untouched.

Javier