[XeTeX] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 23:21:03 CET 2008

Le 7 févr. 08 à 19:25, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 07.02.2008 um 18:03 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
>> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
>
> Makes no difference

Here it does. I checked before posting, using the provided example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\begin{document}
\^{u} % copies badly

\fontencoding{T1}\selectfont
\^{u} % copies fine
\end{document}

As is, if I compile with TeXShop and the XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx engine,
then copies the first û in the PDF output and pastes it in a text file
using TextEdit, I get:

ˆu

If now I add the call to xunicode, compile, copies and pastes as
before, I get:

My setup: MacTeX-TexLive2007 full, latest TeXShop, Mac OS X 10.5.1.

Bruno