[XeTeX] [solved] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Julien ÉLIE iulius at via.ecp.fr
Thu Feb 7 20:31:16 CET 2008

Hi Jonathan,

> This sounds like polyglossia doesn't recognize the non-breaking space
> as a "space", and so adds space of its own; I expect François can
> update this.

I have just made the non-breaking space active and replaced by "~".
It solves the problem.
And there is no need to use inputenc and fontenc any longer!

> I don't know exactly how fontenc gets involved here; it may mean that
> you end up using different virtual fonts, or something.

I think that inputenc is guilty there:  it converts "î" to "\^{\i}"
or something like that.  Afterwards, the circumflex is badly centered.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Essayons d'interroger ce garde habilement sans éveiller ses soupçons...
  -- Hep ! Où est enfermé Assurancetourix ? » (Astérix)