[XeTeX] Polyglossia and Spanish

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Feb 7 09:48:06 CET 2008

Hello.

I would like to ask a question, out of mere ignorance, about a detail
of Spanish formatting. A member of my family recently started
typesetting documents in Spanish with XeTeX and I noticed that the
first paragraph of a section is not indented. I know very little
about Spanish myself and I had a look at a few Spanish books; I could
see that first paragraphs are indented. Moreover according to this
document:

	http://www.ati.es/gt/lengua-informatica/externos/tipografia.pdf

"... el primer párrafo tras el título no se compone de forma
especial. Esto último implica que, a menos que se use el nuevo
spanish, conviene cargar el paquete indentfirst."

Is the current behaviour of Polyglossia intended? Does it correspond
to another norm?

Best wishes,

Yves