[XeTeX] compiling xdvipdfmx

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:39:01 CET 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 10:13 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to the nature of my XeTeX participation, I've never really
> bothered too much with what version of xdvipdfmx I'm running.
>
> However...I'm running into some problems since I upgraded to Mac OS X
> 10.5. For example:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec{Osaka-Mono} test
> \end{document}
>
> (The output is attached at the end of this email).
> So I reckon I need a newer version of xdvipdfmx -- I'm using v0.4. But
> compiling out of the box leads to troubles during ./configure:

> checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
> configure: error: kpathsea library not found
> This version of xdvipdfmx requires the kpathsea library and its
> headers. If
> you know where it is you might try setting the LDFLAGS environment
> variable
> with -L pointing to the directory containing libkpathsea.a.
>
> Bleah.
> So... what should I do? :)

One option to compile xdvipdfmx that works here:

$ export $XETEX=location-of-xetex-TRUNK
$ CFLAGS="-I$XETEX/texk -I$XETEX/Work/texk
-I$XETEX/libs/freetype2/include -I$XETEX/libs/freetype2" \
   LDFLAGS="-L$XETEX/Work/texk/kpathsea/.libs
-L$XETEX/Work/libs/freetype2" ./configure

But you can also download it from
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/xetex/osx-intel/bin/

Mojca