[XeTeX] Could not load both Bold and BoldItalic.

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Sat Dec 13 13:12:09 CET 2008

Am 12.12.2008 um 18:23 schrieb Andrea Franceschini:

> It seems there's no Italic but actually it's in nearly every other
> application I use, from OpenOffice to Inkscape...

It's possible that these applications slant the regular font to
produce sort of an italics lookalike. You can identify such a fake
italic e.g. by looking at the (small) 'a', which would have the same
form as a regular 'a' apart from the slant, whereas a real italic a
has a different form. Same thing with many other characters.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn