[XeTeX] Outline Math fonts in Xetex

Per Ting perting at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:17:06 CET 2008

Hi,

I am very new to xetex, trying to use it with my established Winedt
5.5+Miktex 2.7 (Win xp) system. I have changed pdflatex to xelatex in the
execution mode of winedt to run xetex.

I have been using Lucida Bright fonts with pdflatex and dvi-dvips-ps2pdf
with no problem and the output always looked nice with type-1 fonts. When
using xetex, the text fonts are nice type-1 fonts but the math fonts are
rendered as type-3 bitmapped fonts. The sample file that I have run is given
here:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[lucidasmallscale=true,nofontinfo=true]{lucimatx}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont{Optima}%
\setmonofont{Lucida Console}%
\setsansfont{Comic Sans MS}%
\begin{document}
\section{Unicode}

\subsection{Min Font}
This is an example of the main font. \textsf{This is Sans Serif Font} and
\texttt{This is tt font}

\[
  \int_0^{\infty}f(x)\,dx=\sum_{n=0}^{-\infty}\alpha_n\gamma_n\Omega
\]

\end{document}

Thansk for your suggestions