[XeTeX] Super/subscript

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Mon May 28 06:54:08 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,
I can suggest the following example, but others I hope will simplify it:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\TeXXeTstate=1
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text,
		SmallCapsFont={{AGaramondPro-Regular}/S=0:+smcp},
		VerticalPosition=Ordinal,
		Numbers=OldStyle]
					{Times}
\newcommand{\superscript}[1]{\ensuremath{^\textrm{#1}}}
\newcommand{\subscript}[1]{\ensuremath{_\textrm{#1}}}

\begin{document}
\section*{example}
{\scshape a.šà}\superscript{\scriptsize (meš/ḥi.a)}\\
\superscript{\scriptsize (é)}{\scshape an.za.gàr}\\
{\scshape min}~\superscript{\scriptsize
lú}~\emph{ka\subscript{\scriptsize 4}-bi-s[sú]}\\
{\scshape min}~\superscript{\scriptsize lú}~\\
Et cetera....
\end{document}

See the pdf attachment for result.
I have typed "min" rather than "MIN". You may want to try the second, as
well as change Scale.
Hope this helps,
--Gildas Hamel