[XeTeX] Drawing package for XeTeX in plain TeX?

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue May 22 13:57:58 CEST 2007

--- John Was <john.was at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Dear Mojca
>
> Thanks very much - I'll try it.  At the moment I've
> altered various files as
> a result of messages received earlier today, and the
> only result is that a

Which message?  And what have you done precisely?
I'm not a mind-reader and cannot help you if you do
not give sufficient clues for me to understand what's
going on on your box.  So far,
- You have sent me a xdv file which doesn't have any
 problems regarding PSTricks generated specials:
 I think your compiler installation for XeTeX is OK,
 and the fault lies with the xdvipdfmx installation.
- You have said that rput (I presume in \NormalCoor)
 does work, which means your xdvipdfmx is new enough
 and PSTricks should work.
- You have sent an xdvipdfmx error message which is
 typical if you haven't set up distiller_template for
 xdvipdfmx, and also you have sent dvipdfmx.cfg file
 which showed that you have set up distiller_template
 in a UNIX way.  So I suggested to set the D parameter
 in a Windoze manner.
Assuming you have followed what I had described,
now do you still see any error messages from xdvipdfmx
or not?  If you still see any error messages, why don't
you tell me what you see now?  If you don't see any
errors and the drawing disappears, then it might be
better for you to suspect your PDF viewer.

> PDF of a drawing which came in perfectly yesterday
> has now disappeared!

I thought you had problem generating drawings.
If everything had worked perfect, why did you ask?

BTW if your drawings are static in nature, I would
recommend pgf/TikZ rather than PSTricks, too.

Regards,
SMiyata