[XeTeX] Minor updates to fontspec and xltxtra

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Jun 21 22:56:41 CEST 2007

On 21 Jun, 2007, at 11:12, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 21/06/2007, at 9:59 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> I have a ``similar'' problem when trying to use the MnSymbol package
>> (for symbols that supposedly match Minion Pro). Apparently when there
>> is a redefinition of \mathdollar in fontspec.
>
> Damn. Consider it on my wish list, but I probably won't get around to
> it for ages :(
> For now use the [no-math] option...

As I said a few days ago, the [no-math] option is really wonderful ---
it's as easy as

\usepackage[<your options>]{MinionPro}% <- MinionPro loads MnSymbol
\usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
etc.

The important thing is to load MinionPro, *not* MnSymbol. Of course,
you have to install the whole MinionPro package: if you examine with
Adobe Reader or Acrobat a good example typeset this way (like the AMS
article usually employed as math example), you'll see that some
characters are taken from the *.PBFs installed by the MinionPro package.

Best,

Axel