[XeTeX] Proper mapping for ? in bibliography - {\'\i} or {\'i} ?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jun 21 04:00:39 CEST 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 08:03, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2007, at 8:57 pm, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>
>> xunicode works fine with BibTeX, though I don't currently have it
>> configured for BibDesk previews because XeTeX is so slow to render
>
> Yes, it is. If you configure it to use the xdvipdfmx driver instead
> of the default xdv2pdf, it will be much faster in most cases. (This
> will probably become the default in a future release.)
>
> To do this, you provide the option
>
>   -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"
>
> on the xetex command line. Doing this in a TeXShop engine has been
> described a few times on the list, but I haven't looked into how
> BibDesk is configured.

BibDesk just has a pair of text fields to enter paths to pdflatex/
bibtex binaries.  Recent versions should allow you to enter

/path/to/xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"

directly.  If someone tries this and it doesn't work, please file a
bug report (I'd try it myself, but I don't have a TeX install at the
moment).

--
Adam