[XeTeX] Proper mapping for ? in bibliography - {\'\i} or {\'i} ?

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 20 05:57:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:02:37PM -0700, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> Your instructions are correct.  You can also set BibDesk's TeX preview
> pane up to use XeLaTeX and BibDesk, so you can test formatting options
> pretty easily.  I know fontspec works in that environment, so I'm
> mildly surprised that xunicode doesn't (as you suggest).

xunicode works fine with BibTeX, though I don't currently have it
configured for BibDesk previews because XeTeX is so slow to render
(and my machine is old).  xunicode just, (seemingly) omits a
definition for {\'\i} which the line I provided remedies.

I am no longer confused about the difference between {\'\i} and {\'i},
and it sounds like I'm best off avoiding the UTF-8 options in BibDesk
(which I didn't know about).

Thanks for all the advice.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>