[XeTeX] trouble compiling from svn

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 12 17:37:51 CEST 2007

On 12 Jun 2007, at 6:34 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hate to ask about these sorts of things, but I'm not having any
> luck compiling XeTeX from source (rev. 473). Last time this sort of
> thing happened, I needed to update my developer tools -- same again?

Possible, but I doubt it -- I don't think there have been significant
changes lately. More likely I've messed up something in the source.

> I'd attach the console output, but it was 300kB, so I hesitate to do
> so at this stage. I don't know what else I can say to help track down
> the problem, though.
>
> The problem after `sh build-xetex` finishes is that the binary xetex
> has not been created. But I don't know, yet, why that was.

You'll need to look back in the console output to find the failure;
it'll be right before it moves on to compiling xdv2pdf.

BTW, if you run something like

   sh build-xetex 2>&1 | tee build.log

this will capture all the console output into a log file, so it's
easy to review it and look for problems.

I'm trying a fresh build right now, to see if it works for me, but
I'm on my PowerBook (old & slow) so it'll take a little while....

Sorry for the trouble; I wasn't aware it's currently broken, but will
try and fix it shortly -- provided my battery holds up. :)