[XeTeX] Math with font Iwona

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Fri Jun 1 10:20:38 CEST 2007

On  31 May, 2007, at 10:52, Pavel Stranak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like tu use Iwona in Xelatex for all the math.
>
> I saw some results of \usepackage[math]{Iwona} in Latex in the math
> fonts survey on CTAN:
> http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/Free_Math_Font_Survey/
> I like the result.
>
> I tried this with fontspec:
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Minion Pro}
> \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchUppercase]{Iwona}
> \setmathrm{Iwona}
> \setboldmathrm{Iwona Bold}
> \setmathsf{Iwona}
> \setmathtt{Courier}
> \setmonofont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{DejaVu Sans Mono}
>
> In the result there is a mix of Latin Modern and Iwona (see the
> attachement).
> So is it possible to emulate \usepackage[math]{Iwona} in Xelatex?

This works:

Copy the folder /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/
public/iwona into your ~/Library/fonts/ or the general /Library/
fonts/ and *restart*.

Then

\usepackage[math]{iwona}         %%% <-- this has to come before
fontspec
\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Minion Pro}
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchUppercase]{Iwona}
\setmathrm{Iwona}
\setboldmathrm{Iwona Bold}
\setmathsf{Iwona}
\setmathtt{Courier}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{DejaVu Sans Mono}

You have to use the xdvipdfmx driver. Everything works *except* for
the numbers, which come in Computer Modern, and I was unable to find
out why (unless, of course, you use $\frac{\mathrm{1}}{\mathrm{2}}$,
and I guess you wouldn't like to do that).

Best,

Axel