[XeTeX] Using MetaPost together with XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jul 4 20:53:31 CEST 2007

On 4 Jul 2007, at 6:59 pm, Evgenie Medvedev wrote:

> Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> PGF/Tikz? It has support for (x)dvipdfm(x), pdfTeX, dvips, TeX4HT.
>
> 	Does it really support xdvipdfmx? In the distribution that comes with
> TexLive 2007?

I believe PGF/TikZ works in xetex/xdvipdfmx if you update the PGK
package to the latest version from CTAN; the version included with
TL2007 didn't recognize the xetex engine, so some extra tweaking was
needed to get it to work.

>> ConTeXt with or without XeTeX is *TeX*, not LaTeX, XeTeX is used as
>> some font chooser

Sure, ConTeXt is not LaTeX, but either can be used with XeTeX as its
engine. Apparently ConTeXt can persuade MetaPost to include XeTeX-
generated labels; so the question is how to do something equivalent
in LaTeX. I hope someone out there knows the answer, as I don't!