[XeTeX] Using MetaPost together with XeTeX

Evgenie Medvedev medvedev at project7.ru
Wed Jul 4 19:59:34 CEST 2007

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> PGF/Tikz? It has support for (x)dvipdfm(x), pdfTeX, dvips, TeX4HT.

	Does it really support xdvipdfmx? In the distribution that comes with
TexLive 2007? (While I am using Linux for my typesetting, compiling from
source within the Gentoo environment turned out to be exceptionally
tricky, so I am using the binary distribution...) I was under the
impression it didn't, at least, I couldn't find anything on that in the
docs. Assuming it does, I don't fancy generating a histogram or a pie
chart by manually writing every single line, and as far as I can see,
gnuplot doesn't have a PGF output driver as of version 4.2. What could I
do this with?

> ConTeXt with or without XeTeX is *TeX*, not LaTeX, XeTeX is used as
> some font chooser ... (and I think micro-typography does not work)

	I just need to make sure the chart legend is done through Xe(La)TeX, so
that it can take any symbol I throw at it in bare utf-8, print it in the
same font I use throughout the rest of the document, and result in a pdf
which will include properly in the output. I don't anticipate needing
more than that, and I don't think micro-typography is involved in one or
two words you'd see as legend in charts.
	But how?

--
Evgenie Medvedev