[XeTeX] pgf and xdvipdfmx on the mac

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 07:56:30 CET 2007

On 28/01/2007, at 16:20 , Martin Steer wrote:

> This is a kind of follow-up to Malcolm Ross's question about trimming
> an included pdf file.
>
> I use pgf for graphics in xetex documents, on a Linux machine. My
> impression, from glancing at the archives, is that the xdvipfmx driver
> is now also usable on a mac. If that is so, would someone kindly
> outline the steps necessary for obtaining and installing the driver.

It should be installed alongside with XeTeX unless you're installing
XeTeX from the svn repository. In which case, you'd need to install
xdvipdfmx from its own source. Then it's just a matter of passing the
driver to XeTeX when you compile:

I use the following script to execute XeTeX+xdvipdfmx within TeXShop:

   #!/bin/tcsh
   set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
   xelatex -output-driver=xdvipdfmx -shell-escape  "$1"

Hope that helps,
Will