[XeTeX] Trimming an included pdf file

Malcolm Ross Malcolm.Ross at anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 27 14:58:06 CET 2007

I am including pdf files containing graphics produced with pgf in a
xelatex document, and find that they sit too far to the right on the
page in the final document. I assume the problem is that the left
margin of the graphic file is being included in the final file,
giving a double margin. Once upon a time, when xelatex used the
\includegraphic command, there was a trim option which be could used
to deal with this problem. But now with \XeTeXpdffile there is
apparently no such option. Or am I missing something?

Is there a simpler way to deal with this than cropping the graphics
manually in a graphics application like GraphicConverter? (I'm
working on a Mac).

Malcolm

Malcolm D. Ross
Professor, Department of Linguistics
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies
Building No. 9, The Australian National University
CANBERRA A.C.T. 0200, Australia

http://rspas.anu.edu.au/people/personal/rossm_ling.php
http://rspas.anu.edu.au/linguistics/projects/biomdr.html

ANU CRICOS Provider Number is 00120C