[XeTeX] fontspec & memoir incompatibility

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 06:51:21 CET 2007

On 2/26/07, Talal Al-Azem <talazem at gmx.net> wrote:
> Package fontspec Warning: AAT feature
> 'VerticalPosition=Superior' (10,1) not av
> ailable in font '"Palatino/AAT"' on input line 157.
>
> If I use documentclass{article}, I have no problem; only with memoir.
> This effectively means that my footnote numbers are not
> superscripted. I'm using the latest MacTex (2007).

This might be a bug that I've fixed in my own copy of xltxtra but that
I haven't released yet. Obviously, Palatino doesn't have real
superscript characters so it should fall back to using fake ones, but
I guess that's failing for you.

I'm pretty busy at the moment but I'll see what I can do. Can you post
a minimal example that demonstrates the problem? That'd really help me
out to narrow down the problem.

Thanks,
Will