[XeTeX] String manipulation (substr and similar) in XeLaTeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 4 17:02:07 CET 2007

> Another, *much* more radical move, would be to give LuaTeX a try (but
> you would have to sacrifice LaTeX in that case).

  Not necessarily; you can use LaTeX over LuaTeX perfectly well,
although that requires a bit of work since LuaTeX is still in a beta
phase.  But it's definitely possible; I've done it.  Did you mean XeTeX?

  Jan: if you're interested, look at http://www.luatex.org/ for a
general presentation and http://luatex.bluwiki.com/ for some examples.

  But as Mojca says, your best chance is probably to have the coolstr
and substr author(s) support XeTeX, if it's not already the case.

	Arthur