[XeTeX] lmsans font [was: from teTeX-3.0 to TeXLive 2007]

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Aug 22 09:21:13 CEST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 4:49 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 8/22/07, Mike Maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:
>> What I can't figure out is why, when I've told it to use the
>> Charis SIL
>> font, it still insists on using the lmsans font in section headings.
>
> Only you can know that -- we don't know what your document looks like!
> If you can send through a *minimal* example demonstrating the problem,
> we'll likely be able to fix the problem.

This means that the document class you're using formats section
headings in the sans serif family. So you need to either change this
(I'm sure there are packages for customizing this; try sectsty,
perhaps), or else tell fontspec to load a sans serif font that
includes all the characters you need (using \setsansfont in addition
to \setmainfont).

Of course, the "sans" font doesn't have to be truly sans.... a quick
workaround would be to load Charis SIL for the sans family as well as
the main family!