[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX Kurdish input problem

Christoph Unger christoph-kuelvi_unger at sil.org
Fri Apr 27 11:42:28 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to write some Kurdish text (Behdini dialect) using ArabXeTeX
1.0, but I have a problem in that I don't seem to be able to get Unicode
character 0698. This is a very important character, but when I type 'j',
it just outputs the latin character 'j' (not even U+062C as the table in
the manual shows; typing 'c' typesets U+062C, as it should, so this is
OK). Everything else seems to work as it should. Am I missing something?

Below is the test document I wrote.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Christoph

\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{scrartcl}

% Using xelatex

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{arabxetex}

\setromanfont{Scheherazade}
\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic]{Scheherazade}
\newfontfamily\kurdishfont[Script=Arabic]{Scheherazade}

\begin{document}

\begin{kurdish}
   roja te bi xEr, tu ,cawa yI, ba^sI?

   roja te bi xEr, tu ,caua yI, ba^sI?