[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx broken on Windows Vista?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Apr 24 00:45:38 CEST 2007

Thanks for the testing and report, Bruno.

> -> The i-Installer version lacks the dynamic version (.dylib) of the
> libpng binary, it only installs the static version (.a).

It *should* be possible to use the --with-pnglib-libdir and --with-
pnglib-include options to use the static version of the lib, but I
have not tried this lately.

> -> In order to avoid installing the dynamic version of libpng, I
> tried two possibilities, namely two alternative series of
> supplementary options for configure:
>
>    --with-pnglib-libdir=/usr/local/lib
>    --with-pnglib-include=/usr/local/libpng12
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is this a typing error? Surely it should be /usr/local/include/libpng12.

> or
>
>    --enable-static
>    --disable-shared

No, those wouldn't help at this point, sorry. That's what you'd use
when building the library from source, if you want only the .a and
not .dylib to be created and installed.

Anyhow, on to the results:

> What the compiled xdvipdfmx yield with PDF files
[snip]

Now that's what I call a thorough report. :)

> - Compilation of xdvipdfmx on the Mac currently requires some
> tweaking.

True - it always has been a bit fussy.

> - The reported bug is indeed a bug in the current SVN version of
> xdvipdfmx, and shows up also on Macs.
>
> - The patch proposed on March 7 corrects the bug.

I have just now committed the Mar 7 patches to SVN (rev. 87), so
they're part of the trunk now.

Thanks,