[XeTeX] Ancient Greek hyphenation

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 21:25:23 CEST 2007

Do not use babel when typesetting Greek documents. Instead use the
xgreek package. To generate the format I use my own hyphen.cfg file:

\message{Hyphenation patterns for American-English}
\newlanguage\american
\begingroup
\language\american
\input ushyphmax.tex
\endgroup
\input xgrmhyph.tex
\input xgrahyph.tex
\endinput

Now in XeLaTeX file you load hyphenation patterns with
\language=\XXXX I do not use the "standard" babel thing
because the greek option of the babel package relies on
(stupid!) font encodings etc.
Apostolos

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) com                  *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *