[XeTeX] inconsistant kerning

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Fri Sep 22 18:54:38 CEST 2006

Steve Grathwohl wrote:
> I get fiRST; that is, lowercase fi lig then smallcap RST. What's going
> on here? I haven't seen this behavior in any other font.
The lookups in the font are in the wrong order.

Altogether, the Junicode font is full of bugs and mistakes, both in
technical terms and design-wise. It includes obviously buggy feature
names ("liag", " RQD"), the order of lookups is quite bad. The glyph
design for some glyphs (e.g. Aogonek, Eogonek, eogonek, Lcaron, Ldot,
ldot, Lslash, lslash) is horribly wrong.

--

Adam Twardoch