[XeTeX] Problem deciding Family Names

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Sep 20 17:07:40 CEST 2006

> How exactly is that defined (Kpse searchable directory)? (Or what doc
> should I read in your tex setup to understand this?)

TrueType fonts are searched for by the Kpse variable TTFONTS.
The default value is
TTFONTS = .;c:/{winnt,windows,winnt35}/fonts//;$TEXMF/truetype/fonts//

OpenType fonts are searched for by the Kpse variable OPENTYPEFONTS.
The default value is
OPENTYPEFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/opentype//

> Would there be some equivalent to localtexmf for your w32tex setup
> for XeTeX?

W32TeX has only two texmf trees: texmf and texmf-local (initially empty),
namely
TEXMFMAIN = Root/share/texmf
TEXMFLOCAL = Root/share/texmf-local
TEXMF = {$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFMAIN}