[XeTeX] Problem deciding Family Names

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Sep 20 16:21:42 CEST 2006

On 20 Sep 2006, at 3:02 pm, William Adams wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>
>> Now it is also possible to locate 'uninstalled fonts': e.g.,
>> \font\x="[AdobeMingStd-Light.otf]",
>> where fonts should be in Kpse searchable directory.
>
> How exactly is that defined (Kpse searchable directory)? (Or what doc
> should I read in your tex setup to understand this?)

I think a default texmf.cnf will set

   OPENTYPEFONTS=".;$TEXMF/fonts/opentype//"

or something along those lines (and similarly for TTFONTS), so
wherever those branches of the texmf directory tree are found.

Note the inclusion of "." here, which means fonts in (or relative to)
the current directory can also be used.

JK