[XeTeX] Small Caps Font Woes

Robert MacGregor macgregor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 02:18:37 CET 2006

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the help!  Pardon my ignorance, but how would I go about checking
if my font definitons have Small Caps?  Sorry, I know next to nothing about
fonts.  I salvaged the Bembo fonts from an old mac not being used anymore,
and the files I have something like 9 LWFN files.

Also, if they don't have small caps definitions, it would be fine if I could
use another font for small caps, I just don't understand how to do that.  If
I set "SmallCapsFont" to something else, for example:

\setromanfont[SmallCapsFont=Hoefler Text]{Bembo}

I still don't get small caps, just regular text.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate the help.

Best Regards,
Bob MacGregor
Princeton University