[XeTeX] Experiences with XeTeX on Debian Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Oct 24 17:57:59 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:
> On 24 Oct 2006, at 10:28 am, Christoph Bier wrote:
>
>> (BTW: Edgy ships with TeXLive debs besides the teTeX debs. Will
>> dependencies of XeTeX be adapted for TeXLive users? IMHO it makes
>> sense because Thomas Esser doesn't make new releases of teTeX any
>> more.)
>
> Yes, that would make sense.
>
> Better still, we're aiming for xetex to be included in TeX Live 2006,
> so that separate "add-on" packaging will no longer be needed.

Is the yearly release cycle suitable for XeTeX? From my point of view
XeTeX is still a moving target warrenting a separate package. At least
we from the Debian TeX Team would prefer to have XeTeX in a separate
package. Unfortunately we are suffering a shortage in man power at the
moment ...

cheerio
ralf