[XeTeX] Free download: Microsoft Office 2007 beta 2

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue May 30 16:26:45 CEST 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> according to hermann
> zapf, probably 99+ % of the readers would not notice a vertical
> stretch
> either so that would be a valid way to get nicely verticaly spaced
> docs;
> i ran some experiments with that and indeed ...)

Except that then lines don't back from one side of a page to the next
(a problem with thin paper) and columns don't necessarily cross-align
across spreads which can be disconcerting.

It's better to use \looseness1 or \looseness-1 at need to get things
to come out appropriately.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.