[XeTeX] cmyk colour support broken?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat May 20 22:21:44 CEST 2006

Will -

If you'd care to build a copy of the latest XeTeX code from
Subversion, you'll get a version of xdv2pdf where I have revised the
color support to use CGColor values with the proper colorspace
settings, so you may find that CMYK colors work better. (This also
applies to the dvips-style named colors, if anyone uses those, as
they're specified with CMYK values in the code.)

I don't really know much about how Quartz will represent these in the
resulting PDF, but at least it has a better chance of doing the right
thing now. Looking into a simple PDF, I see that it does pass RGB/
CMYK/Gray colorspaces through in some form, depending on the \special
{color ...} used, so that's a good sign.

I'd appreciate knowing if this helps. Thanks!