[XeTeX] Updated Linux version

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon May 15 17:42:25 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> There is an updated version (0.992) of XeTeX for Linux available.
> This includes fixes for a couple of bugs that could lead to crashes
> when using some TrueType or OpenType fonts, especially through
> XeLaTeX/fontspec.
>
> It also supports the "-8bit" command-line option, which may help
> ConTeXt/Metapost users.
>
> There are binary packages for SUSE 10 and Ubuntu 5.10, and source
> code for those who'd like to try it on other systems.

A quick note from a Linux Mandriva 2006.0/i586 system:

* The Suse binary runs happily now that I have created two symlinks
   that were missing on my machine:

   /usr/lib/libWand.so /usr/lib/libWand.so.6
   /usr/lib/libMagick.so /usr/lib/libMagick.so.6

* Source compilation for 0.992 was fine as well (0.991 failed in libICU)

Greetings and keep up the good work!

Taco