[XeTeX] Spurious text (font name) in PDF output.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 3 14:08:49 CEST 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 5:01 AM, Berteun Damman wrote:

>> I just tried your sample file, and didn't get the same problem. I
>> also noticed that the PDF you had on your site didn't actually use
>> Gentium, as called for by the source, but Times instead. So something
>> is different here.
> That's true, but it does not matter locally. Both Times/Gentium give
> the problem, also Geneva CY and Helvetica CY and Code2000.
>> Are you perhaps not running the latest (1.9) release of fontspec?
>> That seems like a possible reason for the different behavior.
> I am running 1.9.
>> It could also be a version difference in one of the other packages
>> (ledmac? babel?)
> I have the latest ledmac/ledpar, about Babel I don't know.
>> Anyhow, I'd suggest you check for latest versions of the various
>> packages, especially fontspec, and let us know if that helps.
> It did not help, but I did find an easier example which causes the
> problem too. No ledmac/ledpar, nor babel involved.
> If I change the line with \item to \item[-] or \item[*] the spurious
> output disappears, otherwise it looks like:
> http://home.student.utwente.nl/b.t.damman/newsamp.pdf
> <newsamp.tex>


Try using the xunicode package too. I believe that fontspec used to  
include that package but 1.9, at least, no longer does.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

More information about the XeTeX mailing list