[XeTeX] Spurious text (font name) in PDF output.

Berteun Damman berteun at gmail.com
Wed May 3 12:01:51 CEST 2006

> I just tried your sample file, and didn't get the same problem. I
> also noticed that the PDF you had on your site didn't actually use
> Gentium, as called for by the source, but Times instead. So something
> is different here.
That's true, but it does not matter locally. Both Times/Gentium give
the problem, also Geneva CY and Helvetica CY and Code2000.

> Are you perhaps not running the latest (1.9) release of fontspec?
> That seems like a possible reason for the different behavior.
I am running 1.9.

> It could also be a version difference in one of the other packages
> (ledmac? babel?)
I have the latest ledmac/ledpar, about Babel I don't know.

> Anyhow, I'd suggest you check for latest versions of the various
> packages, especially fontspec, and let us know if that helps.
It did not help, but I did find an easier example which causes the
problem too. No ledmac/ledpar, nor babel involved.

If I change the line with \item to \item[-] or \item[*] the spurious
output disappears, otherwise it looks like:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: newsamp.tex
Type: application/x-tex
Size: 166 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/attachments/20060503/299a407a/attachment.tex 

More information about the XeTeX mailing list