[XeTeX] follow uo to previous problem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon May 1 12:27:30 CEST 2006

On 1 May 2006, at 7:13 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 01/05/2006, at 11:32 , Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> I am currently trying to understand why after the LaTex update the
>> space in the file name became a problem. To clarify: the same file
>> was XeLaTexed fine before the update.
>
> Do you mean the very recent new release of LaTeX via the separate
> LaTeX update in i-Installer? It shouldn't be too difficult to work
> out what they changed...

I believe there have been some fairly recent changes in pdfTeX
related to filenames with spaces; perhaps changes were made in LaTeX
as a result of this, and have had the side-effect of affecting the
behavior with XeTeX.

But I'm only guessing at this point; I haven't tried the new LaTeX
stuff myself.