[XeTeX] R: Problem with footnotes and komascript

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jun 20 11:54:59 CEST 2006

Am 20.06.2006 um 09:25 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

>> Am 19.06.2006 um 23:49 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>>
>> > Strange no one can reproduce this ...
>> Imagine it's the font ...
>> I am simply using as start (11pt are chosen to be able to switch from
>> KOMA, which sets 11pt as default, to LaTeX classes):
>> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{scrreprt}%report}%scrbook}%scrartcl}%

[...]

> I'm not sure I understand what you say. Have you tried to enter a
> footnote in this example? I just tested this on yet another machine
> and the combination of koma classes, xltxtra and footnotes simply
> doesn't work, no matter what font I try.

Works here (Mac OS X, uptodate standard TeX and XeTeX [not the SVN
version] with i-installer) with every font I tried (Hoefler Text,
Antykwa Torunska, Skia, Dolly).

Full example:
=======================
\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{scrreprt}%report}%scrbook}%scrartcl}%
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage{graphicx,color}
\usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont{LMRoman10-Regular}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Skia}

\begin{document}
This is \fontname\font.
The italic is \textit{\fontname\font},
and bold is \textbf{\fontname\font}.

test \emph{test}\footnote{test}

23 testing textsuperscript: \textsuperscript{23}
\end{document}

Note that the "Family name" didn't work with Type 1 fonts like Dolly
- I had to take the Postscript name. Automatic changing to italic and
bold didn't work either.

joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Germanistisches Seminar   Tel.: 0228-737565
der Universität Bonn      Fax: 0228-737479
Am Hof 1d, 53113 Bonn     www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de