[XeTeX] How to use EC font encoding in XeTeX?

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jun 11 21:51:42 CEST 2006

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Perhaps I think too much like a programmer instead of a user: I simply
> enlarge those values when I need them bigger, then recompile.

I personally don't mind recompiling software, which probably puts me
into some minority allready. However, in this case I would have no idea
where such a change should be made. :-)

> The
> version in teTeX and TL2005 still has this (2^18-1) limit, ConTeXt
> simply does not reach it yet.

I have just looked at the cont-en.log on my teTeX 3.0 system. There it
contained hyphenation patterns for 10 languages. I don't know if more
recent versions contain more patterns. In the case I cited the problem
occured at the 40. pattern or so.

> For TL2006, the plan is to make all upper limits equal to their
> theoretical size (for trie_size, i believe that is 2^31-number_chars).

That sounds like a ensible idea.

cheerio
ralf