[XeTeX] How to use EC font encoding in XeTeX?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Jun 10 22:49:08 CEST 2006

Ralf Stubner wrote:
> I am surprised by this. Recently on de.comp.text.tex a (K)Ubuntu users
> had problems generating the format files with teTeX 3.0. It turned out
> that for some reason the 34 hyphenation patterns included in teTeX 3.0
> where used twice when the LaTeX formats where build. After the third or
> forth pattern of the second set TeX ended with
>
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory=262143]
>
> Has the pattern memory been increased lately? teTeX 3.0 uses Web2C
> version 7.5.4.

Perhaps I think too much like a programmer instead of a user: I simply
enlarge those values when I need them bigger, then recompile. The
version in teTeX and TL2005 still has this (2^18-1) limit, ConTeXt
simply does not reach it yet.

For TL2006, the plan is to make all upper limits equal to their
theoretical size (for trie_size, i believe that is 2^31-number_chars).

Cheers, Taco