[XeTeX] \special{papersize=...} broken in xelatex? (v0.994a)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 9 21:57:24 CEST 2006

Am 09.06.2006 um 21:36 schrieb Stephen Moye:

> 1. I updated xe(la)tex via i-Installer. I would have thought that
> would do the trick. No? Is geometry.cfg needed for \special
> {papersize=...} to work?

The i-Package contains the elder version, 2006-01-13.

> 2. I'm not using geometry.sty, rather I'm commenting on something
> that worked in xelatex 0.99b and does not work on xelatex 0.994a

I'm not sure about the correct answer -- could be it is with for
example the KOMAscript package: they use inherently geometry to set
paper sizes correctly. Could be this integration into XeTeX allows
now the use of \pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight (and also
\pdfsavepos, \pdflast[xy]pos). Geometry now knows (I mean with the
short new version of geometry.cfg) that it is working for XeTeX,
before it was made to believe it was working dvipdfm.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.